I am delighted to let you know that we will be reopening some of our face to face consultation services on Wednesday 3rd June 2020.
Initially we will be able to offer Physio for those in significant need, to avoid them seeking help from a GP, minor injury unit or A&E.
If you responded to our survey, firstly thank you, for those of you who wanted an appointment you should now have received an email or telephone call from us, so please contact us if you haven’t.
We are required to complete our initial consultation for all appointments via video or telephone. In the event you and your physio agrees that you can be treated virtually we will change your payment tariff to an online appointment which is £30.
I would like to reassure you that we are putting significant measures in place to help protect you and our team, and would really value your help to ensure we are all as safe as possible.
Please do not book or attend an appointment if:
- You have a persistent cough, a fever, shortness of breath and/or loss of smell or taste.
- Anyone in your household has any of the above symptoms.
- You have been diagnosed with Coronavirus in the last 14 days.
What can you expect from a face to face appointment?
- Please use the toilet at home before the appointment, we would prefer if you did not need to use our facilities, to increase your safety.
- Please stay in the car or outside until your appointment time.
- We will welcome you outside the building at your appointment time and escort you to the clinic room, please avoid touching anything on your walk in.
- Please enter the appointment with the minimum amount of personal belonging and clothing possible, leave your coat/jumper, handbag etc in the car. Please only bring in car keys, payment card and mobile phone if required (please remove from any soft-shell casing so your phone can be cleaned).
- Please come to the session on your own, if you need to bring children please bring something to occupy them.
Please expect the Physio to be wearing a mask and apron. They will ask you to wear a clean, newly laundered mask of your own, or teach you how to secure a mask we will give you.
- No gloves are to worn by either person, unless you have a break in your skin, we will give you clean gloves in this case. Instead the Physio will invite you to wash and dry your hands and they will do the same at the start and end of the session.
- Please try and minimise your contact with any objects, surfaces, equipment during the session. The Physio will try and ensure they enable you to do this.
- At the end of the consultation the Physio will agree the next step, they may offer you a Physio by Video appointment if hands on is not essential to your rehab.
- Any advice or exercises and appointment scheduling will be sent via email.
- We can take payment by card but would prefer to email you an invoice then you can pay online.
- Finally, the Physio will invite you to disinfect your payment card, phone, car keys, and then wash your hands. They will then escort you out of the building and teach you how to remove your mask. You can take this home for disposal. We suggest when you get home you change your clothes and wash those worn to your appointment immediately in a separate wash, ideally you will also shower.
We are really pleased to be re-opening we have missed our Pickwick patients.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.